Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Favorite recipe

My sister first told me about making a salsa-based chicken soup a couple of months ago. I have added a little bit more to it every time I make it and I think I have created a great version of my own. It's one of those super easy but flavorful crock pot recipes that I think everyone loves. Put it on in the morning and by the time you get home, you have a great pot of soup.

chicken broth (one of the big boxes you can get in the canned goods aisle)
1 jar of your favorite salsa
2 frozen chicken breasts (you can use more if you want)
1 can black beans
1 can of corn
fresh chopped cilantro (1 cup)
1/2 bag of frozen bell pepper strips (or use fresh red, green, yellow and orange bell peppers)

*I crush up some tortilla chips over top when I serve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment