Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Knitting Rut

I am a knitting machine. I have made countless numbers of socks, hats, mitts, and even some sweaters. Most of my knitting is given as gifts throughout the year, but especially at Christmas. I start a project and I become obsessed with finishing it. Because of this, I typically have only two or three projects going at one time, just to break up the monotony. I have found that knitting gave me something interesting to do when I am watching TV. Or I’ll pull it out when my mind is overloaded with all the things that are going on in my life—it feels good to have something else to focus on. But the past month, I have had no interest in knitting. I have three projects that are just sitting in their bags by my couch. I don’t know what is going on with me! It’s not that I don’t like the socks, shawl and tank. I love the yarn I’m using for each, so that isn’t contributing to this knitting block either. Maybe it’s the weather? All I do know is that this is a huge problem. I have several friends expecting babies this fall and I have to start on these projects soon. I have got to get my knitting mojo back!

No comments:

Post a Comment